Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Arkansas River below Pueblo Resevoir

                On Tuesday, November 20th 2012, my roommate Nick, my buddy Ryan and I fished below Pueblo Resevoir dam. We started fishing around 10 a.m. on a very nice sunny day. We started fishing for trout with Jigs we tied ourselves and did not have any bites all morning. We were using spinning rods/reels again with six pound line. We fished up towards the dam and did not get a bite. Nick had one fish follow his jig to the bank but didn't get a bite.
                We changed our bait and put on salmon eggs with a hook and bobber. We floated the eggs down the river using current but did not get any bites. We crossed paths with two fly fisherman who said that they had caught no fish all day. We continued fishing till around 2 p.m. then we had to give up and go to wrestling practice.
         Although we didn't catch any fish I had a good time fishing with my friends. The river below the dam seems to get quite a bit of fishing pressure. Every time I fish down there I always see several people fishing. There is also quite of bit of trash and litter around the river. My roommate nick found a dead duck on the shore and who knows trash may be the cause of its death.

No comments:

Post a Comment